GREEN ISLAND RESORT
Green Island is a true coral cay in the Great Barrier Reef with a rainforest. Commonly regarded as one of the most environmental friendly tourist developments in the world, it is also the only five star resort in tropical North Queensland.
Situated on Australia's beautiful Great Barrier Reef just 45 minutes off shore from Cairns, Green Island is a small coral cay surrounded by a coral reef, and one of Australia's foremost environmental heritage sites.
How to get there:
The trip to Green Island is on board one of Great Adventures high speed catamarans, a 50 minute trip from Cairns.
USP of Green Island Resort:
- Green Island Resort has been applauded for its insightful balance between the needs of visitors and the protection of a distinctive environment.
- It is the most exclusive and ecologically harmonious resorts on the reef. Green Island is a National Park; and as such the resort is only one of its kind.
- The Resort has been honoured with numerous awards for its eco-sensitive practices including, Australia’s Clean Beach Challenge, and Resource Conservation and Waste Management Awards.
One of the great things about Green Island Resort is its spectacular reef and rainforest surroundings. Here you will discover an warm retreat nestled amongst the rainforest and cleverly isolated from the remainder of the island.
The superb luxury guest rooms and suites have a tropical ambience that blends perfectly with the mysterious views of the rainforest.
There are 10 Reef Suites and 36 Island Suites which provide accommodation for 90 people. They are positioned amongst the lush vegetation of the island. Guest facilities include an elegant restaurant and bar, and a lounge area overlooking the idyllic private guest pool.
Room facilities include:
- Remote Control TV
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Mini bar
- Personal grooming items
- Shower and separate bath
- In room safe
Try out the Green Island Spa Massage and Beauty therapy! It's special...
All products used are derived from ingredients of the ocean & are completely environmentally friendly.
Choose to be pampered in the salon boasting natural aromatic timbers. Also available is a range of beauty therapies including facial treatments and various body wraps, all for a complete relaxation.
What activities to be done on the resort?
Every day is as you want to make it. Do as much as you like to, or as little. A walk in the rainforest, a stroll along the beach, diving, game fishing. Just explore the wonders around you.
- Rainforest walks
- Nature walks
- Fish feeding
- Snorkelling and scuba diving
- Helicopter and seaplane scenic flights
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Visit to Underwater Observatory (the oldest one in the World)
The beauty of the Reef defies description. Each day spent on the Resort, you will never forget. The colour and the brilliance of nature is awesome. You feel enthralled by the spectacle around you. Nothing but pure relaxation...