Gold Coast city is Queensland's most southern city; and stretches along the southern coast from South Stradbroke Island in the north, to beautiful Rainbow Bay in the south.
The Gold Coast is the perfect spot to enjoy a romantic getaway or an action packed family holiday with so many exciting things to do.
Best time to visit:
Formal seasons are less apparent with an average of 300 days of sunshine a year. Expect cooler temperatures year round in hinterland, especially in winter. Nature unfolds its glory every day with golden summers, clear-sky winters, crisp autumn mornings and vibrant summers...a perfect all season destination.
Must see attractions:
- If the weather doesn't help you decide on the time of year to visit the Gold Coast, maybe the huge range of activities can -
- Major tourist attractions include renowned surf beaches, World Heritage listed hinterland national parks, and theme parks including Dreamworld, Sea world, Warner Bros Movie World, Currumbin Sanctuary, Australian Outback Spectacular and Paradise Country.
- The Q1 building is a popular destination. The observation deck at level 77 offers expansive views in all directions.
- Coolangatta has some of the region's prettiest beaches and surfing spots, including Duranbah and Greenmount.
- Here you can often spot migrating whales from June to November.
- The Gold Coast hinterland: Immerse yourself in a spectacular world where subtropical rainforest, national parks, mountain villages, art galleries, wineries and other hidden treasures are waiting to be explored.
The Gold Coast is home to many award winning restaurants serving a diverse mix of culinary delights.
There are over 500 restaurants on the Gold Coast giving you the opportunity to sample food from around the world with specialities including seafood, modern Australian, Japanese, French and Italian.The culinary centre of the Gold Coast is around Tedder Avenue on Main Beach where top restaurants line either side of the street.
Some of the best are:
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant
- Montego’s on Tedder
- Restorante Fellini
- Gold Coast Gondolas
Life simply won't be the same after you have enjoyed Gold Coast nighttime dens. Calm sunset cocktails with friends until dawn.
Visitors can ease into the evening at any one of Gold Coast's many iconic Surf Clubs. These pillars of Gold Coast culture are found in prime beachfront positions all along the coast. Relax amid assortment of food, drink and live entertainment.
The new hotspots and the traditional old pubs are complemented by a range of piano bars, comedy clubs, live music venues, boutique bars, theatres, quiet lounges and the nightclub scene.
For those who can't decide, fun runs all night long as Conrad Jupiters 24-hour casino offers more than enough entertainment.
Don't be bound to the earth - the skies beckon with hot air balloons, paragliding, seaplanes, historic aircraft, helicopters and private jets. Be adventurous – try out the Gold Coast skies.
- Surfside bus lines and Regent Taxis both operate public transport services for the region.
- Take control of your trip hiring a sports car, luxury sedan or go for a value-for money rental. Disabled modified vehicles, wheelchair-accessible taxis or buses are also available.
- Get back to nature with bicycles, mountain bikes or hire a scooter.
- Ferries and water taxis connect islands and canal estates.